1. “Mining” means a part or all of stages of research, management and business of minerals and coal, which include general surveys, explorations, feasibility studies, construction, mines, processing and refining/smelting, transportation and sale as well as postmining activities.
2. “Mineral” means any naturally occurring inorganic compound that has a definite chemical composition and specific physical properties as well as an ordered crystal structure, or a combination thereof that forms rock [ore], either separated or embedded.
3. “Coal” means any sedimentary organic carbon compound that is formed naturally from the remains of plants.
4. “Mineral Mining” means any mining of mineral assemblages in the form of ores or rocks other than geothermal, petroleum and natural gas as well as ground water.
5. “Coal Mining” means any mining of carbon sediments found in the earth, including solid bitumen, peat, and asphalt rocks.
6. “Mining Business” means any mineral and coal business activity that includes the stages of general surveys, explorations, feasibility studies, construction, mines, processing and refining/smelting, transportation and sale as well as postmining.
7. “Mining Permit,” hereinafter called an “IUP,” means a permit to conduct mining business.
8. “Exploration Mining Permit” means a business permit that is granted to undertake stages of general surveys, explorations and feasibility studies.